One of Claire's favorite things to do is playing in bins of rice out on the driveway. She enjoys pouring it on the ground for the most part, but we are working on pouring it from one bin into the other.
As I was trying to get a quick snapshot of these floral silky shoes that Mimi had sent in the mail, Claire kept saying "flower" over and over again. The more she said it, the bigger the opening of her mouth got. She was just thrilled that her shoes had flowers on the tops of them! This picture makes me laugh as this is the face I see most often during the day. My little girl likes to say words with BIG announciations :) We are quite the communicative little being these days.
Enjoying some pool time before the Craig's wedding in Horseshoe Bay!
Today was Claire's fifteen month birthday which felt a little strange. Matt and I can't believe how big and capable she's gotten in what feels like such a short time. When I went in to get her up from her nap this afternoon, she even looked older to me! That must seem so strange, but it's crazy how quick she changes on us. She is definitely a very busy and talkative little girl. She doesn't stop moving and talking all day!!!
Her favorite thing to do is go over all the words in her vocabulary at least 6 dozen times within a 24 hour period. She has just started talking and pointing to pictures with expression which we get a real kick out of. She calls our dog Max in the same loud voice that Matt and I use when we're trying to get him inside. She is also starting to associate sounds with objects that she hears outside. She is sure to point out when she hears the birds chirping outside the playroom window. A new favorite on her list is the trash truck. Wednesday mornings are always exciting when we hear the big truck emptying out all the bins on the street. She sticks her face up to the glass of the front door and watches so intently as the trash is picked up. I hope one day she is interested in bigger and more exciting things, but I guess this will be our weekly highlight for now.
As for appetite, we seem to have gone through a stage with a sensitive pallette. I hope that's not just another way of saying that we might have a picky eater on our hands!!! If so then we can all turn to Matt for that one! I am really hoping this stage soon passes as I know a child can't survive on a diet that conists of milk, yogurt, applesauce, and cheerios. She is turned off by meat anyway it's presented to her. I even tried disguising some shredded chicken with cheese inside a tortilla and she figured out my trick and picked the meat off. Hopefully next month we will have some more exciting items on our menu.
We have also gotten more proficient at brushing our teeth. She loves to brush her own teeth (without our helping hands interfering) and then rinsing her brush off under the running water. I'm not sure how clean they get, but I haven't noticed her having bad breath so I guess we'll call it safe :) We are looking forward to a fun filled weekend with the Carthey's for Mother's Day. More updates to come sooner than later this time......


No comments:
Post a Comment